inOut2018 is a highlight of the year in Rennes, bringing together the most cutting-edge, innovative players of the urban mobility and transportation sectors. And where there’s innovation, there are startups! True to form, a large number of startups will attend the event, some locally-based and others coming from all over France. A short overview.
THE MARKET PITCH CAN’T BE MISSED!
The Market Pitch event concept was invented last year by French Tech Rennes St Malo, and involves facilitating access to customers for startups in a given sector (and, reciprocally, access to innovation for larger companies in the sector). For inOut, the topic selected is obviously mobility and transportation.
The major companies that will participate, chequebook in hand, are Aéroports Rennes Dinard Bretagne, Citedia, Engie, Orange, Groupe PSA, Groupe Renault and Siemens. The 17 startups that will give their pitches come from all over Brittany, Nantes, Lille, the Paris region, and even from Germany! Come and discover: AriadNEXT, Arvey, CertifiCare, Cleverciti Systems, Cotaxi GO, Data2B, Dropbird, Exhalia, Imagina, Klaxit, Oxipio, Parkki, Quai des apps, Script&Go, SmartMoov, Synergiz, WeNow.
We look forward to seeing you at the Market Pitch on Wednesday, March 14th at 4 p.m. If you don’t have your pass for inOut yet, get it here.
STARTUP ALLEY, SHOW & NETWORKING
There’s nothing quite like direct contact with entrepreneurs, is there? inOut has planned for you, in partnership with French Tech Rennes St Malo, an exhibit space where you can meet the real people behind startups from all six corners of France (after all, it’s known as the Hexagon… 🙂 )
It’s an opportunity to meet entrepreneurs with a passion for mobility, transportation, the smart city and tech in general, straight from the Paris region, Charente-Maritime, Auvergne, Nord, Nouvelle-Aquitaine… and Brittany (of course!). On board: Agemos Software, AriadNEXT, Arvey, Autocare, Automobilité, City Roul, Cotaxi GO, Dropbird, Groupeer, Itineroo, Klaxit, Klaxoon, MyBus, Oxipio, Parkki, Pweep, Transway, Travel ensemble, YoGoKo.
As a bonus, the Rennes St Malo Lab will also be present to answer any questions you may have. If you want to test your solution in the region and receive a few repayable advances, this is the time to come chat over coffee! #testing
FIVE MINUTES FOR A STARTUP
Every morning from March 14th to 16th, inOut’s public has an appointment with a startup. Five minutes to understand what a startup has to offer for the city of the future!
- Wednesday, March 14th (10:15 a.m.): SmartMoov. This startup followed our accelerator program [The Booster] last year. We can’t wait for you to meet it! To prepare yourself, you might enjoy reading this article.
- Thursday, March 15th (9:50 a.m.): Mobility Tech Green. This startup has grown beautifully, raising 5 million euros exactly 1 year ago! They were also at CES in Las Vegas at the start of the year.
- Friday, March 16th (11:50 a.m.): YoGoKo. This startup was at CES in Las Vegas at the beginning of the year. Watch out: this startup is high-tech and rising fast!
More info on these pitches in the inOut official program
You haven’t heard of WeNow? Then you must not have heard the latest news from the United Nations: check out the article UN Partners with French Startup to Fight Emissions from Car Traffic 😉 Apart from that, WeNow is a startup based in Paris and Rennes that develops connected solutions to reduce cars’ environmental impact. You can learn more in this article. WeNow is also one of the startups that got a chance, last month, to conduct a trial with our partner Orange, which provided access to its Customer Testing Centre on an exceptional basis.
AND STEPHANE SCHULTZ DECIPHERS USE PATTERNS
Stéphane Schultz, founder of the blog 15marches and a consultant on the digital transition with a soft spot for urban mobility, will provide food for thought about the city of the future through two workshops that are sure to inspire:
- Wednesday, March 14th (2:30 p.m.) – “Bike-sharing systems: a new mobile revolution?” will examine bike-sharing programs from every angle, from the very first strokes of the pedal (editor’s note: in 1998… in Rennes!) to the most disruptive modern iterations in France, China and elsewhere. Our outstanding speakers for the occasion: Laurent Kennel, general manager of OFO, and Laurent Mercat, head of Smoove.
- Thursday, March 15th (2:30 p.m.) – “Autonomous vehicles: alone or accompanied?” will take an in-depth look at a phenomenon that’s currently in the spotlight but that few people have a good grasp of. The commonly-heard generic term “autonomous vehicle” actually covers several different organization, production and consumption models. Other outstanding speakers will be in Rennes to discuss them with Stéphane Schultz, including Maureen Houel, general manager of Coup Mobility GmbH, and Raphael Morel from Uber.
Don’t want to miss a second of the buzzing startup scene at inOut2018? There’s a simple solution: follow us on Twitter@LaFTRSM_Int!
On the same topic:
- WeNow: a new sustainable mobility
- [inOut] Station-free bike sharing – where are we?
- [inOut] Driverless cars: Utopia or reality?
- [inOut] Is car sharing the wave of the future?